Skip to main content

Puthiya Thalaimurai group losing neutrality & respect?

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm one of the early life subscriber of Puthiya Thalaimurai magazine and I have recommended it to many people. But, these days, the contents are losing neutrality and becoming terrible from terrific--especially on Koodankulam issue. The contents are absolutely crooked and insane. It is better to write anything direct than in sneaky neutral tone. I can guess few reasons for the changes:

  • It tries to be just "different" to reach cosmopolitan & TwitterGen [sic] crowd
  • It tries to milk "brand Abdul Kalam". But, visit Anna University and talk to some people to understand how he climbed up faster or read old critic by his classmate writer Sujatha.
  • It is under pressure from central and state government. 

But, I wish the real reason be just an error and Puthiya Thalaimurai magazine and TV will get back respect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work avoiders on the rise

roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes --  80–20 rule / Pareto principle One popular store (that is known for its less selling price, 6-storied air-conditioned showroom) is situated to close to our home. But, Heleena is allergic to it. Reason? Even though there are at least 50 sales people per floor, only 1 or 2 people will be working and responding to the customers' queries. In another shop, I even noticed that the owner was serving customer when many staffs were cleverly avoiding the show! I'm finding the same problem everywhere. Who're affected here? Obviously the people who're actually working--they will have to handle more work that the clever people have avoided. Two common gestures/characteristics I have noted in these clever people: 1. They'll pretend to be absolute ignorant (These people's agenda are merely to avoid works, but not to take credits.), 2. They'll create politics on anything (These people's agenda ar...

Google used PHP?

I wanted to know what are the pages in Google are powered by PHP . I have tried various keywords including "inurl"--but it produced huge list. So I tried "filetype:php" and it worked very nice. The real keywords are php filetype:php site:google.com Google used PHP?

Storing unicode texts in MySQL with phpMyAdmin

Today, I've received a personal mail/request from Sivanantham Hemamalini, working for IT leisure in Singapore. Since I was in company when received the mail, I couldn't answer immediately. If I understand the question right, it is about inputting Unicode texts especially Tamil in phpMyAdmin. PhpMyAdmin 's default characterset is iso-8859-1 and so if we enter anything in the form, browser will convert it into numerical html entities. Say for example, if we enter தமிà®´் and submit the form, it will convert it to & #2980;& #2990;& #3007;& #2996;& #3021; . Because of this browser's behavior, it will be difficult to store the Unicode text as it is. Solutions Immediate solution I could think of is changing or forcing the browser's character encoding into utf-8. In Mozilla Firefox, it can be set via View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8) Another elegant solution might be changing the phpMyAdmin configurations so that it send...