Sites that are useful and usable
- erail.in - created by a single person and serves useful to quickly find availability in Indian trains
- ClearTrip - seems to be inspired by many other sites like Vayama, but able to get better UI
- RediffMail - speed is the big boost
- Myntra - good idea, but poor UI
- redBus - good idea, but poor UI and execution
- Sites from The Times Group are also of good idea, but poorly executed/architected. They clearly try and target the web startup "gap"
Sites that are innovative (world's first/never seen before kind)