Skip to main content

Humble Awards

When I was studying 10th standard, I had a bet with my friend Nalin that A.R.Rahman will become very famous (He was telling me that no one can beat Ilaiyaraaja) Since then I thought about appreciating the people that I think are the best and finally here is the effort. Some people are yet to become famous--but I strongly believe and wish that they'll become famous sooner!


  1. Gaana Rahman - Gaana singer

  2. Dr. A.N. Sreevatsan, ENT specialist

  3. OptiPerl, Windows based IDE

  4. RJ Joshua , Radio Jockey of AIR FM, Chennai

  5. RJ Yazh Sudhakar, Radio Jockey of Suryan FM, Chennai

  6. Discovery Channel's Tamil Interpreters, for the superb Tamil voices & modulations

  7. Savukku, WikiLeaks of India, for the brave news coverage on hidden politics of India, especially Tamil Nadu state

Comments

Anonymous said…
As far as SAVUKKU is concerned, it is true that he deserves award and your prediction will be true. Since the site is published from USA, he is free from the dangers associated in journalism. His deep knowledge and understanding of the political matters are amazing. - K. ANANTHA NARAYANAN, MADURAI INDIA. ananthu47@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Stampede and the "Dirty" "Dark" Crowd

Actor Ajith Kumar’s recent interview has sparked quite a few conversations on social media. The part that caught my attention, was his take on crowds. About 30 years ago, when I first joined a college in Madurai after growing up in other places, I experienced a few cultural shocks. Perhaps these weren’t unique to Madurai, but that’s where I first noticed them. One major thing that stood out was the behavior of crowds. For instance, if you suddenly see people rushing to board a bus, chances are there’s a pickpocket in action. During one of Madurai's annual festivals, I noticed some young men carrying water bags — not to distribute water, but to spill it on women, often on their chests. Shockingly, this was almost normalized; parents would quietly tolerate it to avoid public embarrassment, walking a little farther behind the crowd. When some women happened to witness this, they would just shoo the boys away instead of confronting them. The crowd, in such cases, became a kind of...

Attraction, Status, and the Curious Pattern Behind Some Marriages

There has been a lot of discussion lately about celebrity divorces. As someone who closely observes human behavior, I have been thinking about a possible pattern behind some relationships. Before explaining my thought, I should mention something about my own background. From childhood, I was never particularly drawn to the idea of physical beauty. In fact, I even had a somewhat negative view of it. This may have come from the value systems around me while growing up. I also remember a religious gathering where someone said that a woman's beauty reflects her inner mind. Even at that time, I instinctively rejected that idea. Over the years, however, I have started noticing certain patterns in couples. When couples walk closely together, sit near each other, and interact affectionately in public, there often seems to be an interesting dynamic. In many such cases, the woman appears more attractive than the man. Sometimes she also seems more powerful in...