Skip to main content

IT people & poor gifting

I'm noticing a steep decline in gifting (on special occasions like wedding) interest among IT people. IT people are very much interested in celebrations, but not interested to spend money on gifts for their colleagues. I think, it must be due to poor (more specifically fake) relationships among peers or short-lived relationships because of job hopping. Abuthakir told me that it's due the attitude that "Why should I spend money for him?".

For the sake of record... in my father's era, it was common to gift gold items, even though their earnings were not close to what the least earning person in IT draws now. But, these days, IT people's average spend on colleagues' special occasions is Rs.100/- (which is too less and not even close to my father era)

Comments

Balaji said…
I have noticed that many people in some commitments, so that they are thinking many times for spend this kind of occasions and others.

I hope its not an attitude issue, its a commitment issues.

I have seen many people run the month in budget basis, if unexpectedly expenses happened then they would suffer lot to manage. so that many people thinking.

I guess :)
Followadream said…
Yes, folks in IT is becoming more materialistic than others!! I have seen many offers money for compulsion than from bottom of their heart :-)
Followadream said…
Yes, folks in IT is becoming more materialistic than others!! I have seen many offers gift for compulsion than from bottom of their heart :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond Groupon Now -- Street marketing platform in GroupDeal

Our team has developed GroupDeal, group buying software platform that powers many Groupon competitor sites. Being ours is the first and popular groupon clone in the market, our team introduced many new features. Like I already pointed out , we added self service merchant login in the first version itself and Groupon introduced the same feature--much later as Groupon 2.0. By August 2011, our team introduced another killer feature termed as "GroupDeal Live". It is more than Groupon's Groupon Now: It has street marketing ability. With it, merchants can create deals for the (sudden) crowd. By looking at merchant control panel, they can find the users around their shops and branches. The users are classified into Normal/Web Users and iPhone Users--and so, merchants can identify the new crowd. They can then create deals to attract the online crowd. The platform will be of huge help during any procession or sudden crowd in any branches. I hope, Groupon will adop...

Work avoiders on the rise

roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes --  80–20 rule / Pareto principle One popular store (that is known for its less selling price, 6-storied air-conditioned showroom) is situated to close to our home. But, Heleena is allergic to it. Reason? Even though there are at least 50 sales people per floor, only 1 or 2 people will be working and responding to the customers' queries. In another shop, I even noticed that the owner was serving customer when many staffs were cleverly avoiding the show! I'm finding the same problem everywhere. Who're affected here? Obviously the people who're actually working--they will have to handle more work that the clever people have avoided. Two common gestures/characteristics I have noted in these clever people: 1. They'll pretend to be absolute ignorant (These people's agenda are merely to avoid works, but not to take credits.), 2. They'll create politics on anything (These people's agenda ar...

Google used PHP?

I wanted to know what are the pages in Google are powered by PHP . I have tried various keywords including "inurl"--but it produced huge list. So I tried "filetype:php" and it worked very nice. The real keywords are php filetype:php site:google.com Google used PHP?