Skip to main content

Blockade for "Save Perarivalan"

My post Save Perarivalan was sadly late, but one of the earlier posts written in English. I have also tried my best to translate popular conspiracy theories on Rajiv Gandhi assassination. Fortunately that seem to have worked well and the post got more attention -- especially news like this: The noose and their views [Mid Day, November 4, 2011] started to appear.

Recently I have noticed traffic to the page with referrer links http://x.x.x.x:15871/cgi-bin/blockOptions.cgi?ws-session=xxx -- meaning the page is blocked using Websense. When I resolved the IPs, shockingly they're from some big IT companies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

"PHP 5 Power Programming" Free in PDF

The book PHP 5 Power Programming is now available free of cost in downloadable PDF format at Bruce Perens' Open Source Series promotion site. Along with this book, a lot of other books are also available there for free! Details ISBN: 0-13-147149-X 2005. Pages: 720 Authors: Andi Gutmans , Stig Sæther Bakken , and Derick Rethans Download location: Perens Series Page (PDF) License: Open Publication License File size: 9.6MB Original price: $39.99 Edition: 2005

Open source PHP frameworks and problems

I was using CakePHP for sometime and proposed CakePlus , another UIMS toolkit on the top of CakePHP but also altering some problematic core of it. The thread should explain the outcome of the post. And, then I noted Akelos framework has most of the things built in. Issues with frameworks esp. CakePHP Scalability not a priority - Developers aren't aware that we can't throw more and more hardware Excessive use of regular expressions Evangelist isn't aware that the framework throws many queries unnecessarily More memory consumption - 100M would never be enough for a simple project Poor coding standards and practices - Prolong use of extract() often leads to more memory consumption Can't use the native approaches or baked codes. The override approach always lead to hard to debug codes Poor architected codes and no clear defined approaches. People belong to the cult drives the direction and often throws unprofiled codes. No native provision to share codes between M-V-C and...