Skip to main content

Untouchability in the name of "eligibility"

Summary: Why Indian government's eligibility criteria sucks...

How do you want our policemen look?
1. Like an actor?
2. Tall and chesty?
3. Ability to match dots and dots to solve puzzle?

If that's your preference, then our government's criteria rocks, otherwise it sucks. Look at the eligibility chart published by Tamil Nadu police. It may look sane for those who're already swallowed by the crazy system. Otherwise, it's extremely crazy. I don't know, if Veerappan had necessary chest; but he really rocked every chesty policemen! In the world of pistols, are these things really matters--especially the height??

And, the "age". Why can't they fix the retirement age to 35 then? In other words, why the "criteria" is only for the "entry"?

Someone told me that they ask puzzles and "joining dots" type of questions in IPS examinations. Are they going to solve puzzle or crimes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspapers: The Hindu vs Times of India

For some years, I was subscribed to The Hindu and Economic Times alone; but when the sales person of Times of India forced me to subscribe with offers, I was kinda reluctant and finally subscribed just for the offer. I didn't like the Arnab Goswami of Times Now and still don't like him. Now, it looks like Times of India is leading in terms of journalism, though I don't like how it's pushing AIADMK. At this moment, Times of India is a clear winner though The Hindu is trying with Wikileaks articles.

Who is RJ Joshua and where is he?

After I have given my Humble Award to RJ Joshua , I have noticed that many people are visiting my blog when they're searching his name in search engines. I used to listen to his English programs on AIR Chennai FM sometime ago; but couldn't get his details on the internet for a long time. Recently I have spotted his photo in potofthots.com and I have stolen that photo too:-) Hope, this little photo of him (with Sanjay Pinto sitting in front) would give good feeling to his fans and well-wishers.

Rajiv Gandhi assassination, conspiracy theories in English

This is part of my Save Perarivalan series. In Tamil, we have lots of news articles available on the conspiracy theories surrounding Rajiv Gandhi assassination, investigation, Subramanian Swamy's alleged involvement, Chandraswami's alleged involvement, P. Chidambaram's alleged involvement, Jain Commission report, other countries' alleged involvement, etc. But in English, we have very few articles available on the topic: The Deadly Duo  Crucial evidence linking Chandraswami to the Rajiv case went missing from Rao's PMO. Outlook investigates. Outlook Magazine, dated November 24, 1997 The Scoop Is Ours  THE Jain Commission's interim report on Rajiv Gandhi's assassination has created a furore in political circles and hogged the headlines in all major national dailies. Outlook Magazine, dated November 24, 1997 Dusty Trail  TWELVE extensions in six years and no sign of the final report yet. Outlook Magazine, dated November 24, 1997 "Some Files Weren...