Skip to main content

Groupon's PR - possible reason for success...

Of late, I'm quite serious to find some PR personnel to get media attention for our products and labs initiatives:

Labs



  • CSSilize - World's first and only project management tool for slicing works (PSD to XHTML conversion and WordPress theme works)

  • SocialAV - World's first and only antivirus building community (start building antivirus online...)

  • jobreapr - World's first and only fixed price job search engine

  • Uboo - India's first full blown consumer portal (private beta)



Products



  • GroupDeal - powers many Groupon competitor group buying sites

  • FPPlatform - powers many Fiverr competitor fixed price job sites

  • SFPlatform - powers many Kickstarter competitor crowd funding sites



Why PR?


As I blogged earlier, our team has added lot of innovations and features. Recently our GroupDeal product/company got a mention in The New York Times. Similar or better coverage might give our team great energy to innovate further and may get good VCs.

How Groupon is doing PR?


This is of great interest to me. I was wondering if that's hype or paid news. Someone even posted a question in Quora: Which PR firms handle Twitter, Facebook, Groupon, and other recent leading internet startups?

Groupon & TechCrunch


Of late, found that TechCrunch's star writer Leena Rao is wife of Suneel Gupta, VP of Product at Groupon!

Related links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Tim Van Wassenhove's (PHP) Blogmarks

Tim Van Wassenhove , a c.l.php regular maintains wonderful blogmarks . Most of the blogs are PHP related and it is faster to access than my Sage, RSS reader . It is interesting to see that Tim has blogmarked my—this simple blog too:) IMHO, it would be better to display timestamps along with the links and to have a TOC of blogs in the top.