Skip to main content

SWF to Canvas converter

When Ajax was gaining momentum, I was somewhat skeptic about SWF to Ajax migration. But, I hope, Canvas + Ajax may soon replace SWF/Flash and I expect SWF to Canvas converters very soon. Technically I have a gut feeling that SWF to XML (through swfmill tools) and then XML to SVG would be obvious easy solution.

Comments

Mason Fischer said…
I would love to see a project like this come together. The flash IDE is great for designers but the flash plugin is dieing. There are rumors that flash CS5 will export directly to canvas eliminating the need for such a plugin http://www.neowin.net/news/flash-cs5-will-export-to-html5-canvas

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Tim Van Wassenhove's (PHP) Blogmarks

Tim Van Wassenhove , a c.l.php regular maintains wonderful blogmarks . Most of the blogs are PHP related and it is faster to access than my Sage, RSS reader . It is interesting to see that Tim has blogmarked my—this simple blog too:) IMHO, it would be better to display timestamps along with the links and to have a TOC of blogs in the top.