Skip to main content

Solved: Safari Flash full screen issue

Some common problems when trying to use Flash video embed code (e.g., YouTube like embed code)

1. When using lightbox on the page, it's getting hidden behind the Flash video player

Solution: Add wmode="transparent" to the embed tag

2. On IE7, getting "click to activate"

Solution: Inject the embed code through JavaScript. (Useful libraries: jQuery Flash Plugin, SWFObject)

3. XHTML validation issue

Solution: Use unobtrusive JavaScript embedding. (Useful libraries: jQuery Flash Plugin, SWFObject)

4. On Safari the full screen doesn't work -- even if we add allowfullscreen="true" (this is the issue I faced lately and google wasn't helpful). In all other browsers, it works fine.

Solution: Add type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to the embed tag

Comments

Ohmkumar said…
Nice Post...

2. On IE7, getting "click to activate"

Solution: Inject the embed code through JavaScript. (Useful libraries: jQuery Flash Plugin, SWFObject)


for this most of the persons are using ieupdate.js

http://www.devils2k.com/?cat=14&paged=2
Ohmkumar:

Thanks for letting me know about ieupdate.js
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

Storing unicode texts in MySQL with phpMyAdmin

Today, I've received a personal mail/request from Sivanantham Hemamalini, working for IT leisure in Singapore. Since I was in company when received the mail, I couldn't answer immediately. If I understand the question right, it is about inputting Unicode texts especially Tamil in phpMyAdmin. PhpMyAdmin 's default characterset is iso-8859-1 and so if we enter anything in the form, browser will convert it into numerical html entities. Say for example, if we enter தமிà®´் and submit the form, it will convert it to & #2980;& #2990;& #3007;& #2996;& #3021; . Because of this browser's behavior, it will be difficult to store the Unicode text as it is. Solutions Immediate solution I could think of is changing or forcing the browser's character encoding into utf-8. In Mozilla Firefox, it can be set via View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8) Another elegant solution might be changing the phpMyAdmin configurations so that it send...

Beyond Groupon Now -- Street marketing platform in GroupDeal

Our team has developed GroupDeal, group buying software platform that powers many Groupon competitor sites. Being ours is the first and popular groupon clone in the market, our team introduced many new features. Like I already pointed out , we added self service merchant login in the first version itself and Groupon introduced the same feature--much later as Groupon 2.0. By August 2011, our team introduced another killer feature termed as "GroupDeal Live". It is more than Groupon's Groupon Now: It has street marketing ability. With it, merchants can create deals for the (sudden) crowd. By looking at merchant control panel, they can find the users around their shops and branches. The users are classified into Normal/Web Users and iPhone Users--and so, merchants can identify the new crowd. They can then create deals to attract the online crowd. The platform will be of huge help during any procession or sudden crowd in any branches. I hope, Groupon will adop...