Skip to main content

Update[1]: Zend PHP Certification – Economic Indian Price

As I blogged earlier, the Zend PHP Certification price is too high to afford in India and I contacted Daniel Kushner, Director of Education Zend Technologies Ltd.

Recently Daniel Kushner and Idan Zuckerman (Zend) informed me that they're working with Pearson to fix the Indian price. In the meantime they said that they could offer me a voucher for 120 USD (original price is 200 USD). Though now I can afford to 120 USD, it is still high (MCP costs only 50 USD) for any Indian PHP guys. Anyway, I think it's a great improvement and I really applaud their efforts. I have planned to get the voucher after 1-month time though it has 6-month validity—as I have to prepare for the exam first.

I have also been asked to refer friends and colleagues for this 120 USD offer. If you want to avail this offer, please buzz me (only India based PHP guys).

Comments

Anonymous said…
We in the west lost our programming jobs because we cannot compete on labor price. Yet you want a special privalaged price for the Zend license?
For comment#1: It's really upsetting me to see that you lost your job. I could compare this one with the scenario when MNCs like Pepsi came to India—many lost their jobs, business, etc.

But, I have the strong opinion that the walls in the world would collapse soon—and we'll have a universal currency, laws, and we'll have better understanding of each other.

Peace to you.
Anonymous said…
I agree that someday, a few decades, things might even out, but I will probably be dead by then.

Globalism is happening too fast and flattening too many families. If things changed at a generational pace it would be easier to weather. The next generation simply goes into a newer field. But when all one's education and career is wiped out in 20 years, it is tough to recover. It may happen to India IT also, I would note. Live by free trade, die by free trade.
Pushpan said…
Hi Rajesh,

I wish to take up the zend php certification exam.
I am based in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Pushparaj
pushpan@gmail

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

Open source PHP frameworks and problems

I was using CakePHP for sometime and proposed CakePlus , another UIMS toolkit on the top of CakePHP but also altering some problematic core of it. The thread should explain the outcome of the post. And, then I noted Akelos framework has most of the things built in. Issues with frameworks esp. CakePHP Scalability not a priority - Developers aren't aware that we can't throw more and more hardware Excessive use of regular expressions Evangelist isn't aware that the framework throws many queries unnecessarily More memory consumption - 100M would never be enough for a simple project Poor coding standards and practices - Prolong use of extract() often leads to more memory consumption Can't use the native approaches or baked codes. The override approach always lead to hard to debug codes Poor architected codes and no clear defined approaches. People belong to the cult drives the direction and often throws unprofiled codes. No native provision to share codes between M-V-C and...

Tim Van Wassenhove's (PHP) Blogmarks

Tim Van Wassenhove , a c.l.php regular maintains wonderful blogmarks . Most of the blogs are PHP related and it is faster to access than my Sage, RSS reader . It is interesting to see that Tim has blogmarked my—this simple blog too:) IMHO, it would be better to display timestamps along with the links and to have a TOC of blogs in the top.