Skip to main content

"PHP 5 Power Programming" Free in PDF

The book PHP 5 Power Programming is now available free of cost in downloadable PDF format at Bruce Perens' Open Source Series promotion site. Along with this book, a lot of other books are also available there for free!

Details

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't find any "free" download here.... Got a direct link?
For comment#1: It is there; check at the "download location". I don't want to give direct link for the obvious reason.
Anonymous said…
Huh...

I still can't find it.

Are you referring to the sample chapters on line?

If not, how about a better clue as to where the link is located?
Emma said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Work avoiders on the rise

roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes --  80–20 rule / Pareto principle One popular store (that is known for its less selling price, 6-storied air-conditioned showroom) is situated to close to our home. But, Heleena is allergic to it. Reason? Even though there are at least 50 sales people per floor, only 1 or 2 people will be working and responding to the customers' queries. In another shop, I even noticed that the owner was serving customer when many staffs were cleverly avoiding the show! I'm finding the same problem everywhere. Who're affected here? Obviously the people who're actually working--they will have to handle more work that the clever people have avoided. Two common gestures/characteristics I have noted in these clever people: 1. They'll pretend to be absolute ignorant (These people's agenda are merely to avoid works, but not to take credits.), 2. They'll create politics on anything (These people's agenda ar...

Storing unicode texts in MySQL with phpMyAdmin

Today, I've received a personal mail/request from Sivanantham Hemamalini, working for IT leisure in Singapore. Since I was in company when received the mail, I couldn't answer immediately. If I understand the question right, it is about inputting Unicode texts especially Tamil in phpMyAdmin. PhpMyAdmin 's default characterset is iso-8859-1 and so if we enter anything in the form, browser will convert it into numerical html entities. Say for example, if we enter தமிà®´் and submit the form, it will convert it to & #2980;& #2990;& #3007;& #2996;& #3021; . Because of this browser's behavior, it will be difficult to store the Unicode text as it is. Solutions Immediate solution I could think of is changing or forcing the browser's character encoding into utf-8. In Mozilla Firefox, it can be set via View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8) Another elegant solution might be changing the phpMyAdmin configurations so that it send...

Jayalalitha = "change"??

Recently I have followed OurVote.in , the site that tracks Tamil Nadu Assembly Election 2011 through Facebook voting. According to the site, AIADMK is winning on huge margin as per Facebook users and everybody is mentioning Jayalalitha as a "change". I think, it's mainly because of media mayhem. My personal opinion is to oust both DMK and AIADMK. BJP is Indian Taliban. PMK is chameleon. Vote only for Congress, CPM, DMDK, Dalit parties... and wherever DMK is facing AIADMK straight, vote for IJK or best independent candidate. When Congress gets majority, control goes to Rahul Gandhi and he appoints Nallakannu like person from CPM as Chief Minister... and CPM becomes half capitalists (pure communism is failure)... I have a dream...