Skip to main content

Zend PHP Certification – Economic Indian Price

I wanted to take the Zend PHP Certification Exam when it was launched itself, but couldn't afford to its price. It costs 200 USD—about 8,724 INR as per Yahoo!'s currency converter. This is too costly.
  • There will always an economic price for books and exams in India.
  • The price is too costly to afford. Especially vast majority of PHP Programmers in India are underpaid. (Unfortunately, other domain guys earn about 5-10 times more than PHP guys. But, the price is still costly for anyone.)
  • Microsoft's economic pricing for MCP in India is 50 USD, which originally costs 125 USD in US. Though the price is still costly, it seems to be ok. Again some testing centers provide up to 40% discounts on that amount (the discount is seasonal and depends upon the business model of the center)
  • SUN's exams cost 90 USD to 150 USD. Though, there is no economic pricing available now, the testing centers provide up to 40% discounts. One should note that the earning power of these guys (Java, Solaris, etc) is high.
I've contacted the Pearson in the early days, but received no response. With lot of hesitation, recently I've contacted Daniel Kushner, Director of Education Zend Technologies Ltd. To my surprise, he immediately replied me—that is why PHP rocks! I hope, he will take some measures in pricing.


Update[1] (2005-04-10):
Update[1]: Zend PHP Certification – Economic Indian Price

Comments

Unknown said…
how much fee for zend certification in india?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Stampede and the "Dirty" "Dark" Crowd

Actor Ajith Kumar’s recent interview has sparked quite a few conversations on social media. The part that caught my attention, was his take on crowds. About 30 years ago, when I first joined a college in Madurai after growing up in other places, I experienced a few cultural shocks. Perhaps these weren’t unique to Madurai, but that’s where I first noticed them. One major thing that stood out was the behavior of crowds. For instance, if you suddenly see people rushing to board a bus, chances are there’s a pickpocket in action. During one of Madurai's annual festivals, I noticed some young men carrying water bags — not to distribute water, but to spill it on women, often on their chests. Shockingly, this was almost normalized; parents would quietly tolerate it to avoid public embarrassment, walking a little farther behind the crowd. When some women happened to witness this, they would just shoo the boys away instead of confronting them. The crowd, in such cases, became a kind of...

Attraction, Status, and the Curious Pattern Behind Some Marriages

There has been a lot of discussion lately about celebrity divorces. As someone who closely observes human behavior, I have been thinking about a possible pattern behind some relationships. Before explaining my thought, I should mention something about my own background. From childhood, I was never particularly drawn to the idea of physical beauty. In fact, I even had a somewhat negative view of it. This may have come from the value systems around me while growing up. I also remember a religious gathering where someone said that a woman's beauty reflects her inner mind. Even at that time, I instinctively rejected that idea. Over the years, however, I have started noticing certain patterns in couples. When couples walk closely together, sit near each other, and interact affectionately in public, there often seems to be an interesting dynamic. In many such cases, the woman appears more attractive than the man. Sometimes she also seems more powerful in...