Skip to main content

Using Sodexo Meal Pass Card in BigBasket.com - How-to

How to Use Sodexo Meal Pass Card in Bigbasket.com

Sodexo started to issue Smart Card similar to Credit Card--instead of their usual paper based vouchers.

I was using Sodexo vouchers for longtime, but it was a big letdown when I can't get some of my unused vouchers renewed. And so, I was somehow happy with their new Meal Pass Card. But, again, it was a big letdown as I can't use it with BigBasket--where I usually use most of my meal coupon vouchers.
SMS message from Sodexo on December 20, 2017 1:18 PM came as a big surprise, as I was waiting for this for longtime:
Great News! Pay with your Sodexo Meal Card for food items ordered from Big Basket. Choose Sodexo in the payment section & pay on delivery.

And so, this month, I tried to use my Sodexo Meal Pass Card in BigBasket.

BigBasket website had not much information; I thought that I have to swipe my Meal Pass Card. Delivery person also didn't have much information; initially he was rejecting my Card! I tried to contact BigBasket customer support, but there were no answers. Delivery person then called up another person who guided him to choose "ESodexo" option in payment modes. Interface looked similar to below:



Here, delivery person has an option to change amount; it was auto-filled with the allowed food coupon limit and I guided him to click "Send SMS/Email" button. I then received, below SMS from BigBasket:
You have initiated an ESodexo transaction. Please click on the link below, which will be active for next 5 mins. https://www.bigbasket.com/p/2cGvI

Following the link the SMS, opened a payment form in Zeta.in similar to below:





Note that there is no need to have a physical Sodexo Meal Pass Card; all you need is Card number, Expiry Date, CVV, Card holder name and then in the second page, usual 4-digit PIN.
And, rest of the amount had to be settled in cash.
I really don't know why BigBasket made this roundabout integration--instead of directly integrating this form in their website. Anyway, it is better than nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Work avoiders on the rise

roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes --  80–20 rule / Pareto principle One popular store (that is known for its less selling price, 6-storied air-conditioned showroom) is situated to close to our home. But, Heleena is allergic to it. Reason? Even though there are at least 50 sales people per floor, only 1 or 2 people will be working and responding to the customers' queries. In another shop, I even noticed that the owner was serving customer when many staffs were cleverly avoiding the show! I'm finding the same problem everywhere. Who're affected here? Obviously the people who're actually working--they will have to handle more work that the clever people have avoided. Two common gestures/characteristics I have noted in these clever people: 1. They'll pretend to be absolute ignorant (These people's agenda are merely to avoid works, but not to take credits.), 2. They'll create politics on anything (These people's agenda ar...

Stampede and the "Dirty" "Dark" Crowd

Actor Ajith Kumar’s recent interview has sparked quite a few conversations on social media. The part that caught my attention, was his take on crowds. About 30 years ago, when I first joined a college in Madurai after growing up in other places, I experienced a few cultural shocks. Perhaps these weren’t unique to Madurai, but that’s where I first noticed them. One major thing that stood out was the behavior of crowds. For instance, if you suddenly see people rushing to board a bus, chances are there’s a pickpocket in action. During one of Madurai's annual festivals, I noticed some young men carrying water bags — not to distribute water, but to spill it on women, often on their chests. Shockingly, this was almost normalized; parents would quietly tolerate it to avoid public embarrassment, walking a little farther behind the crowd. When some women happened to witness this, they would just shoo the boys away instead of confronting them. The crowd, in such cases, became a kind of...