Skip to main content

Using Sodexo Meal Pass Card in BigBasket.com - How-to

How to Use Sodexo Meal Pass Card in Bigbasket.com

Sodexo started to issue Smart Card similar to Credit Card--instead of their usual paper based vouchers.

I was using Sodexo vouchers for longtime, but it was a big letdown when I can't get some of my unused vouchers renewed. And so, I was somehow happy with their new Meal Pass Card. But, again, it was a big letdown as I can't use it with BigBasket--where I usually use most of my meal coupon vouchers.
SMS message from Sodexo on December 20, 2017 1:18 PM came as a big surprise, as I was waiting for this for longtime:
Great News! Pay with your Sodexo Meal Card for food items ordered from Big Basket. Choose Sodexo in the payment section & pay on delivery.

And so, this month, I tried to use my Sodexo Meal Pass Card in BigBasket.

BigBasket website had not much information; I thought that I have to swipe my Meal Pass Card. Delivery person also didn't have much information; initially he was rejecting my Card! I tried to contact BigBasket customer support, but there were no answers. Delivery person then called up another person who guided him to choose "ESodexo" option in payment modes. Interface looked similar to below:



Here, delivery person has an option to change amount; it was auto-filled with the allowed food coupon limit and I guided him to click "Send SMS/Email" button. I then received, below SMS from BigBasket:
You have initiated an ESodexo transaction. Please click on the link below, which will be active for next 5 mins. https://www.bigbasket.com/p/2cGvI

Following the link the SMS, opened a payment form in Zeta.in similar to below:





Note that there is no need to have a physical Sodexo Meal Pass Card; all you need is Card number, Expiry Date, CVV, Card holder name and then in the second page, usual 4-digit PIN.
And, rest of the amount had to be settled in cash.
I really don't know why BigBasket made this roundabout integration--instead of directly integrating this form in their website. Anyway, it is better than nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save American College, Madurai

This post was written in 2008 and outdated now. For update, please check Save American College, Madurai (Update 2011) Update (2011-01-16) : Save American College, Madurai (Update 2011) I'm highly privileged to have 3 degrees (B.Sc. (Spl. Physics), PGDCA and MCA) from The American College, Madurai, South India . Unlike other "commercial" colleges, American College has given room for poor students and uplifted them. And unlike other "elite" colleges who'd give seat only for "intellectuals", American College has produced geniuses. In the recent months, the saddening thing is that the college is under divide (Principal Vs. Bishop). Here is the email I sent to alumnae lately informing about the informations that I received about the developments: Update (2011-01-16) : Save American College, Madurai (Update 2011) All: I was thinking that the " Save American College " campaign was a FUD . But, when I tried to understand the problem through my

Magic: T.K.Vadivel Pillai is above Cyril Takayama

Recently, I have been watching Cyril Takayama 's magic show in AXN channel. That reminded me of T.K.Vadivel Pillai 's magic show in Jaya TV. I have searched Vadivel's name in Wikipedia's Indian magicians article and to my surprise, his name was not present. In my opinion, T.K.Vadivel Pillai's magic is superior than Cyril's--especially, in one show, he could tell the name of the person whom the girl was thinking. Not really sure, why T.K.Vadivel Pillai could not be as popular as Cyril. Sidenote: I'm yet to see David Blaine 's magic and I still have a gut feeling that Vadivel's would be better.

Problems with CakePHP - follow-up

Some people have responded including the Datepicker fame Marc Grabanski . So, this follow-up... First of all, I was not ranting nor complaining; I've just blogged/documented my experience. The common problem most of the people pointed out are that it scales for addons.mozilla.com. Those who have accessed their source code can understand that they've done lot of things and also the site is not database-intensive. You should really create a real database-intensive website to understand what I mean. The other point that been pointed out is about open source and community. Lot of people may not be knowing that it's 2 people pushing it and don't want others to be credited . The generic model or dynamic model idea was originally been from grigri and Marcel . It's hard to be called as open source as only few and sycophants are driving it's direction (I'm not talking about svn access) So, here are my humble checklist before you start shouting at me Did you read a