Skip to main content

Nisaptham Trust - Address and PAN for 80G

Today (July 31st) is the last day for filing income tax returns. Donations to charity and political parties are exempted for tax under Indian income tax clause 80G.

When it comes to donations, World Vision India used to be my choice because of their professionalism and prompt communications.

Of late, having heavily impressed by Nisaptham Blogger's writings about his charity work, I thought of sending meager amount to his charity Nisaptham Trust. Unfortunately, when I sent that in March, it was not a pleasant experience. I had to randomly follow him through email and WhatsApp to get PAN of Nisaptham Trust; he shared that PAN details after 3-months.

When I try filing returns yesterday, it was another shock; apart from PAN, I also need to furnish the charity address. I quickly searched through Google and there were no results about the address; I can only find its bank account details. Google's autocomplete suggestions hinted the possibility of such queries by others though. One option is to contact the charity and get the address; but I had no hope on its speedy response. So, I had to dig nisaptham.com for about 3 hours and found the charity address hidden in some scanned photos.

And, thought of putting up here for anyone who's searching same address and PAN details of Nisaptham Trust:

Address

Nisaptham Trust
No. 320, 4th Main Road,
AECS Layout, 'B' Block,
Singasandra,
Bengaluru
560068

PAN

AACTN0009L

Hope this helps somebody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

Storing unicode texts in MySQL with phpMyAdmin

Today, I've received a personal mail/request from Sivanantham Hemamalini, working for IT leisure in Singapore. Since I was in company when received the mail, I couldn't answer immediately. If I understand the question right, it is about inputting Unicode texts especially Tamil in phpMyAdmin. PhpMyAdmin 's default characterset is iso-8859-1 and so if we enter anything in the form, browser will convert it into numerical html entities. Say for example, if we enter தமிà®´் and submit the form, it will convert it to & #2980;& #2990;& #3007;& #2996;& #3021; . Because of this browser's behavior, it will be difficult to store the Unicode text as it is. Solutions Immediate solution I could think of is changing or forcing the browser's character encoding into utf-8. In Mozilla Firefox, it can be set via View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8) Another elegant solution might be changing the phpMyAdmin configurations so that it send...

Beyond Groupon Now -- Street marketing platform in GroupDeal

Our team has developed GroupDeal, group buying software platform that powers many Groupon competitor sites. Being ours is the first and popular groupon clone in the market, our team introduced many new features. Like I already pointed out , we added self service merchant login in the first version itself and Groupon introduced the same feature--much later as Groupon 2.0. By August 2011, our team introduced another killer feature termed as "GroupDeal Live". It is more than Groupon's Groupon Now: It has street marketing ability. With it, merchants can create deals for the (sudden) crowd. By looking at merchant control panel, they can find the users around their shops and branches. The users are classified into Normal/Web Users and iPhone Users--and so, merchants can identify the new crowd. They can then create deals to attract the online crowd. The platform will be of huge help during any procession or sudden crowd in any branches. I hope, Groupon will adop...