Skip to main content

Groupon - Next move?

Sometime ago, I blogged Groupon is chasing GroupDeal, the group buying software platform developed by our team and powers many competitor sites.

Groupon has chased our self servicing platform and introduced as Groupon 2.0/stores. In that concept, to overcome the whitelabel group buying platforms, they have offered 2 types of self-services: promoting via groupon with 30% commission and promoting to followers with 10% commission--eventually focusing everyone to use their defacto platform.

Unlike groupon, as we have already added friends module, what could be groupon's next move after adding self service platform? I have an answer:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Tim Van Wassenhove's (PHP) Blogmarks

Tim Van Wassenhove , a c.l.php regular maintains wonderful blogmarks . Most of the blogs are PHP related and it is faster to access than my Sage, RSS reader . It is interesting to see that Tim has blogmarked my—this simple blog too:) IMHO, it would be better to display timestamps along with the links and to have a TOC of blogs in the top.