I greatly admired S.P. Udayakumar (Koodankulam anti-nuclear activist) for his calm and composed response; it is usually not easy to reply moronic Narayanasamy and moronic Ponraj (advisor of Abdul Kalam) who're always blabbering irrationally. By wrongly judging from his sober and humble look, I'd thought that he's an illiterate villager from Koodankulam. But, recently I came to know that he's studied in USA and worked as a professor there. My respect for him greatly increased when I compared him with other exhibitionist NRIs.
Here are the details that I collected...
Name: S.P. Udayakumar
Family: Wife Meera running SACCER primary and middle school, 2-sons
- M.A. (Peace Studies) from Notre Dame University in the United States (1990)
- Ph.D. (Political Science) from the University of Hawaii (1996)
- Research fellow at Kirwan Institute
- Professor at Governor's School of Public Issues and the Future of New Jersey at Monmouth University
- India-Pakistan Reconciliation School, a free on-line course (2001)
- Director of TRANSCEND South Asia, the world's first on-line peace university
- Co-founded the Green Party of India (2000)
- Member of World Futures Studies Federation
- Member of the International Peace Research Association
- Editorial member of Journal of Futures Studies
- Koodankulam anti-nuclear movement