Skip to main content

Brainbench and PHP

Personally I never thought that Brainbench certification would help in career. In July 2004, Brainbench has announced free tests for certain duration and I'd just took PHP 4 examination. Surprisingly I scored only 4.53--though the score is less than what I expected, I could get Master certification there! It was really a good experience.

Recently, I'm very much surprised by the fact that many employers are contacting me by looking at my Brainbench transcript. Brainbench really rocks!

Here is my semi Brainbench referral link, which may not work, but I'm interested to test it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

Open source PHP frameworks and problems

I was using CakePHP for sometime and proposed CakePlus , another UIMS toolkit on the top of CakePHP but also altering some problematic core of it. The thread should explain the outcome of the post. And, then I noted Akelos framework has most of the things built in. Issues with frameworks esp. CakePHP Scalability not a priority - Developers aren't aware that we can't throw more and more hardware Excessive use of regular expressions Evangelist isn't aware that the framework throws many queries unnecessarily More memory consumption - 100M would never be enough for a simple project Poor coding standards and practices - Prolong use of extract() often leads to more memory consumption Can't use the native approaches or baked codes. The override approach always lead to hard to debug codes Poor architected codes and no clear defined approaches. People belong to the cult drives the direction and often throws unprofiled codes. No native provision to share codes between M-V-C and...

Tim Van Wassenhove's (PHP) Blogmarks

Tim Van Wassenhove , a c.l.php regular maintains wonderful blogmarks . Most of the blogs are PHP related and it is faster to access than my Sage, RSS reader . It is interesting to see that Tim has blogmarked my—this simple blog too:) IMHO, it would be better to display timestamps along with the links and to have a TOC of blogs in the top.