Skip to main content

TRP mafia and Anna Hazare -- best critic from Settaikkaran


Lately, friend of mine texted me to read Arundhati Roy's I'd rather not be Anna article published in The Hindu newspaper. Previously I too blogged on the topic and it once received huge traffic.

I always boast myself that Tamil has huge number of authors who can get to depth. Though there are lots of critical views on Anna Hazare issue, the best critic I have read is from Settaikkaran blog "உண்ணா" ஹஜாரேயும் ஊழல் எதிர்ப்பு நாடகமும்

As long as we have such in-depth articles in Tamil, we may not get victimized by TRP mafia of north India.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

RTaKeyman Bookmarklet v2.0

RTaKeyman The above bookmarklet is for English to Tamil transcription. This should work like a Input Method Editor on web page forms. The first version I tried didn't work well and so this bookmarklet version. Version 2.0 2004-12-27 1.0 2004-12-12 Usage Make a bookmarklet with the above link. Point to a web page where you want to enter Tamil characters and click the bookmarklet. This will initialize the keyman for that page. Then start typing on the forms; RTaKeyman will transcribe the characters whenever it sees a space, carriage return and tab. To-do Turning on/off keyman (i.e., to enter both Tamil and English). Help and other user interfaces. Credits Sundar for informing the necessity and for being a beta tester

Prediction: Expensify will crash through its insane question-based hiring process

 I have huge respect for  David Barrett for his technical background. But, his company, Expensify is following a modern  psychometric test called a  question-based hiring process . The company claims to look for candidates with 'Talent, Ambition, and Humility'. The psychometric test was a fad in India about 20-years ago and the companies that followed the hiring approaches are no more and some have changed the approaches to survive. I just thought of blogging my thoughts here to see how Expensify evolves.