Skip to main content

What's wrong with delicious.com?

The recent UI changes of delicious.com is quite confusing and smells suicidal phase. I have noted that, after Joshua Schachter sold it to Yahoo!, it's going crazy changes. Probably, it's because a Yahoo! company now or Engineers don't get the real idea?

Some crazy moves:

  • del.icio.us to delicious.com change; probably to reach countries that censor .us TLD?

  • delicious.com to www.delicious.com; unjustified

  • Perl to PHP switch; why?

  • for:handle geekish way to share to separate box; crazy but ok. Looks like, the new Yahoo! guys don't know how to make it a cult following like how twitter popularized @handle

  • Recent broken UI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo got published in Kumudam magazine

I'm extremely surprised to find that the photo I took in Dakshina Chitra and later uploaded to Wikipedia got published in Kumudam magazine (dated July 1, 2009).

Newspapers: The Hindu vs Times of India

For some years, I was subscribed to The Hindu and Economic Times alone; but when the sales person of Times of India forced me to subscribe with offers, I was kinda reluctant and finally subscribed just for the offer. I didn't like the Arnab Goswami of Times Now and still don't like him. Now, it looks like Times of India is leading in terms of journalism, though I don't like how it's pushing AIADMK. At this moment, Times of India is a clear winner though The Hindu is trying with Wikileaks articles.

Who is RJ Joshua and where is he?

After I have given my Humble Award to RJ Joshua , I have noticed that many people are visiting my blog when they're searching his name in search engines. I used to listen to his English programs on AIR Chennai FM sometime ago; but couldn't get his details on the internet for a long time. Recently I have spotted his photo in potofthots.com and I have stolen that photo too:-) Hope, this little photo of him (with Sanjay Pinto sitting in front) would give good feeling to his fans and well-wishers.