Skip to main content

htmlspecialchars() bug in blogger.com

Found a strange htmlspecialchars() bug in blogger.com

The title of my blog is <?php echo 'R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah'; ?>, but blogger.com doesn't convert the html entities in the title when it spits out. Because of this bug, the title doesn't appear in my blog--browser just treats it as a broken html tag. This bug could have been fixed by using
htmlspecialchars(), if it's powered by PHP.

Also, noticed that this compose box eats any texts entered such.

I gonna report this bug.

Comments

Yes, lawrence krubner. They may be stripping html tags. But, the compose box is really buggy. If you switch between "Edit HTML", "Compose" and "Preview", sometimes some of your texts will vanish suddenly.

This htmlspecialchars() bug appears only in blog tittle/header; in all other places they're converting it to proper html entities.

Popular posts from this blog

Converting PSD with PHP/ImageMagick

After seeing feature rich options in Imagick PECL extension at Mikko Koppanen 's (the author) website and also impressed with ImageMagick 's features, I have decided to use it for the PSD to XHTML conversion website that I'm architecting and managing. Since, the team wants programming help for converting PSD images, I have tried it (documentation is sparse on PSD handling) Converting PSD to PNG/JPEG/etc Note that, flattenImages() is needed for layered/multi-page PSD file. <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->flattenImages(); $im->setImageFormat('png'); $im->writeImage('test.png'); ?> Extracting PSD layers One by one <?php $im = new Imagick('test.psd'); $im->setImageFormat('png'); for ($i = 0, $num_layers = $im->getNumberImages(); $i $im->setImageIndex($i); $im->writeImage('layer' . $i . '.png'); } ?> Note that, there is a better version below In a single call with writeIm...

I'm Zend (PHP 5) Certified Engineer:-)

As of January 13, 2007, I'm ZCE/ Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 5)

Open source PHP frameworks and problems

I was using CakePHP for sometime and proposed CakePlus , another UIMS toolkit on the top of CakePHP but also altering some problematic core of it. The thread should explain the outcome of the post. And, then I noted Akelos framework has most of the things built in. Issues with frameworks esp. CakePHP Scalability not a priority - Developers aren't aware that we can't throw more and more hardware Excessive use of regular expressions Evangelist isn't aware that the framework throws many queries unnecessarily More memory consumption - 100M would never be enough for a simple project Poor coding standards and practices - Prolong use of extract() often leads to more memory consumption Can't use the native approaches or baked codes. The override approach always lead to hard to debug codes Poor architected codes and no clear defined approaches. People belong to the cult drives the direction and often throws unprofiled codes. No native provision to share codes between M-V-C and...